I am not sure if this works anymore or not. I don’t use Pentaho now but this post seems popular, so leaving it here for now. Contact me if this is incorrect and needs to be corrected or taken down.
- Download Pentaho BI Pre-Configured Installation from [http://www.pentaho.org/download/ga.php]
- Install JDK5.
C:\pentaho-demo\pentaho-solutions\system\publisher_config.xml. Add a password for publishing reports.
- Delete all folders except reporting under
- Delete all
.propertiesfiles under reporting.
- Copy JDBC driver for your database under
C:\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\lib. I used Oracle 10g driver, it is called
- Edit .jsp file to change the look of default Pentaho website under
- Add path to your JDK in
start-pentaho.batlocated under C:\pentaho-demo. For example,
set JAVA\_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0\_11
- Double click on
C:\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deploy\pentaho.war\WEB-INF\web.xml. Search for
base-urland add your server’s ip.
- Now you should be able to publish reports to Pentaho using Report Wizard or Report Designer.
- Once you publish report, you will need to go to
C:\pentaho-demo\jboss\server\default\deployand open newly created data source file named something like
- If your database is Oracle you will need to change driver class property to
- And your newly published report should be accessible via Pentaho now.